by Jason Snell
This week in (Jason’s) podcasting…
This week on my pop-culture podcast The Incomparable, I am joined by John Siracusa, Tiffany Arment, Brianna Wu, and Tony Sindelar to talk all about the Portal series of video games. The games are classics and it was a great discussion.
There’s also a bonus track with more mischief including a song sung by Andy Ihnatko! And in a first for us, one of our listeners—superfan Clinton Phillips—did an entire commentary track to the episode. It’s only a matter of time before there’s a podcast about The Incomparable every week. Hey, it worked for Slate and Serial.
This week’s Incomparable is sponsored by:
- Casper — A latex and memory foam mattress that’s comfy, shipped to your door, and you can try it out for 100 days! Get $50 off by using promo code incomparable.
Clockwise is a weekly podcast that’s 30 minutes long and hosted by me and Dan Moren. In this week’s episode, we’re joined by our former Macworld colleague Dan Frakes and Black Pixel’s Jessie Char to discuss 12-inch MacBook rumors, why tech hipsters hate on Facebook, selling you a new TV, and the relevance of CES.
Clockwise is sponsored this week by:
- Loot Crate – Like getting an awesome box full of geek/gaming gifts from a friend every month. Enter code
CLOCKWISEat checkout for 10% off of any new subscription.
Finally, this week on my tech podcast, Upgrade, Myke Hurley and I discuss Apple’s software quality issues and the difficulty in diagnosing problems from outside an organization, why Family Sharing is a problematic feature, and what’s good and bad about CES. Plus, Myke and I trade favorite podcasts.
This week, Upgrade is sponsored by:
- Hover: Simplified Domain Management. Use code ‘ENEMY’ for 10% off your first purchase.
- Mailroute: a secure, hosted email service for protection from viruses and spam. Go to mailroute.net/upgrade for a free trial and 10% off, for the lifetime of your account.
- Stamps.com: Postage on demand. Click on the microphone at the top of the homepage and type in UPGRADE, for a no-risk trial and your $110 Bonus Offer, including a digital scale and up to $55 FREE postage.
- Igloo: An intranet you’ll actually like, free for up to 10 people.
Also check out my conversation with The Hollywood Reporter’s Tim Goodman direct from the Television Critics Association’s winter press tour in L.A. on this week’s TV Talk Machine.