by Jason Snell
‘A MacGyver in the Making’
Not every podcast I do is about technology. This week on The Incomparable I talked to John Siracusa, Merlin Mann, Andy Ihnatko, Steve Lutz, and David J. Loehr about Pixar’s first feature film, “Toy Story”. It was a lot of fun to revisit this modern classic.
Wind the frog and acquire more monkeys! It’s time for us to discuss the very first computer-animated feature film, 1995’s “Toy Story.” We ponder the rules of when toys can reveal themselves to people, question the physics of the Pizza Planet claw, and speak in defense of Sid (but not of Randy Newman). Also: Is this the end of Slinky Dog?
Also posting over at The Incomparable this past week:
- John Siracusa and Scott McNulty watched an episode of “Deep Space Nine”.
- I discussed the new fall TV series worth watching with Tim Goodman.
- I reviewed this week’s “Doctor Who” episode with Monty Ashley and Chip Sudderth.
- I got stuck to the floor while playing Dungeons and Dragons with a whole bunch of friends.
- Lisa Schmeiser and Philip Mozolak broke down the latest episode of “Sons of Anarchy”.
- And we did a silly Bonus Track full of George Takei impressions.
Also, a scheduling note: My tech podcast with Myke Hurley, Upgrade, will stream live on Relay FM Mondays at noon Pacific, 3 p.m. Eastern, beginning tomorrow. And of course, after we’re done it gets posted as a podcast.