By Dan Moren
February 26, 2015 7:07 AM PT
Snow problem: Tips for Alto’s Adventure
I may have gotten a little caught up in Alto’s Adventure. 1 In my quest to improve my (and more importantly, dear reader, your) virtual snowboarding skills, I reached out to Snowman’s own Ryan Cash for some tips on upping your game. So whether you’re a beginner hitting the slopes for the first time or an experienced triple-backflip artist, there just might be something that you can take away from these suggestions. 2
- Land backflips to pick up speed
- Landing tricks gives you a “sonic boost” that lets you smash through rocks
- String tricks together for big combos
- Grind longer for a special grind boost
- Double-backflip when you get lots of air
- Beat goals to unlock cool new characters
- Buy the wingsuit from Izel’s workshop for an entirely new gameplay mechanic
- Proximity backflips (when your head is close to the ground) are worth extra points!
- Fly close to the ground with the wingsuit to earn extra points!
- Bounce off rocks to reach grind rails
- Double-tap with Felipe/Tupa to double-jump
- Upgrade the hover feather so it lasts longer
- Upgrade the coin magnet to earn coins faster
- If you land on your head while hover-boarding you won’t die
- Use grind rails to clear big chasms
Now, if you’ll pardon me, I need to do a backflip over a sleeping elder if I’m ever going to move up in this world.
[If you appreciate articles like this one, help us continue doing Six Colors (and get some fun benefits) by becoming a Six Colors subscriber.]